The following safety precautions should be maintained by social networking site users:
Before being friends with someone, they must know information. They must not be friends with those who don't deserve it; before forming a virtual connection, they must be certain of the people's identities. To build this kind of relationship, it is crucial to read their profile and determine whether they are acquainted with any of their acquaintances;
• be careful when using a friend or acquaintance's laptop or computer;
• never share any personal photos on Facebook;
• always log off after using Facebook or email;
• always sign out after browsing the Internet in a cybercafé;
• never click any Facebook applications from an unknown source without verifying their legitimacy.