Characteristics of Kingdom Monera
1. It is a single-celled organism. It's a prokaryotic cell.
2. The nucleus is absent, and the chromatin content represents a nucleus that lacks a nuclear membrane, chromosomes, and nucleolus.
3. Endoplasmic reticulum, and others are missing, leaving only the 70S ribosomes.
4. Connected to the cell wall are appendages such as flagella and pili, which aid in movement and attachment to the host cell.
5. A solid cell wall surrounds the cytoplasm of the cell.
6. Cytoplasmic organelles such as plastids, mitochondria,
7. Chromatin bodies contain DNA but not proteins
8. Breeding is mainly by bifurcation
9. Cell division occurs in the process of mitosis
10. They can be active or inactive. Moving bacterial flagella exist
11. The cell wall is made of polysaccharide
12. These are the gaseous or opportunistic type
13. These are ecofriendly decomposers
14. Their food intake is mainly absorbent, but some are photosynthetic or chemosynthetic.
15. Example : E. coli, Hay bacillus, Thermoacidophilic bacteria, Halomonas, Chromohalobacter, Salmonella, Staphylococcus aureus, Heliobacter pylori, Hay bacillus, Schizophyta, Methanococcus maripaludis.