Published on 29-Jun-2022
When a fast moving electron hits a metal, it emits a kind of radiation of unknown nature with high piercing power. This radiation is called X-ray. Not only medical science but also X-rays have various uses in different fields.
Characteristics of X-rays
- X-rays run in a straight line.
- X-ray electromagnetic waves. However, its length is shorter. Wavelengths ranging from about 10−8 to 10−12 metre
- X-rays ionize the gas when it passes through the gas.
- X-rays react with photographic plates.
- X-rays create florescence in some substances.
- X-rays can pierce skin, flesh, etc.
Tag #x rays, definition of x rays, characteristics of x rays,x ray meaning,properties of x rays