Published on 11-Oct-2022
Applications of genome sequencing
Genome sequencing is a significant advance in modern biotechnology. Its application is observed in various fields.
- The identification and subsequent isolation of a particular gene from any organism: e.g., the human insulin-producing gene, and it is located on top of the DNA of the short arm of the chromosome
- Searching for genes useful for plant disease resistance, pest resistance, or survival in adverse environments: e.g., Bt toxin gene CryIAC and salinity tolerance gene PDH 45 (agricultural applications).
- To improve the quality of plants through the search for genes with improved traits and through biotechnology used successfully; For example, the beta-carotene gene of golden rice that we get to eat. This helps us get better and healthier crops, plants, rice, and other components that are needed for organisms to survive.
- Application of genome sequencing data to basic research activities in plants or microorganisms; For example, the genome sequencing data of rice, jute, maize, etc. crops are applied in another basic research.
- Application of genome sequencing methods to improve nutritional quality and quantity of cattle meat and milk which we drink to stay healthy and fit. This process also helps us get a better version of foods and milk many organisms intake to stay healthy.
- Much information about the human genome has now been revealed by human genome sequencing, making it possible to apply this information to many areas of research, including medical science, For example, the application of the insulin gene.
- The analysis of gene expression strategy in any organism and study of these data
- The rapist can be identified by DNA testing of sperm from the private parts of the raped woman or sperm DNA from other parts of the body and clothes and matching the DNA of the rapist's blood.
- If a newborn is switched or deliberately switched in a hospital, the baby's mother can be identified by testing the DNA of the mother's and baby's cells.
- The process of genome sequencing can also be used to identify random and mutilated names, even if it seems difficult to achieve.
- Extracting essential elements for bioinformatics through the process of genome sequencing data.
- The developed and better management of wild animals like lions, tigers, elephants, etc., especially in breeding DNA sequencing techniques, are applied to make the animals even better and healthier.
- Besides, genome sequencing is successfully applied in biofuel development, dengue mosquito control, interferon production, cancer research, and a lot more research that is very helpful and developing the world.
Correct Answer of previous question :